About Flexible Loans
- What is a flexible loan?
A flexible loan is an installment loan that allows you to pay a loan over a longer period of time than a traditional payday loan.1 Flexible loans at ACE allow you to repay the loan in scheduled payments that are substantially equal in amount (last payment may vary slightly). At ACE, a flexible loan can be repaid early, which may save you interest and fees (where applicable).
- Are flexible loans available in Ohio? How much can I borrow?
Flexible loans are available online in Ohio and range from $100 - $1,000. If approved, the amount you may borrow will depend upon your income and standard underwriting criteria.
- Can spouses have separate loans?
Yes. Each customer is treated individually, and each spouse can apply separately for a loan.
- What do I need to apply for a flexible loan?
- You do not have to be employed but you must have a steady source of recurring income payments to ensure you will be able to repay your loan.
- You must provide a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
- You must provide a valid email address.
- You must have a checking or savings account that has been open for at least one month.
- You must reside in the state you choose for your loan application.
- You must be able to be contacted via phone if verification of application information is necessary.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not currently be a debtor in a bankruptcy case or presently intend to voluntarily file for bankruptcy relief.
- You must not be a regular or reserve member of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard, serving on active duty under a call or order that does not specify a period of 30 days or fewer or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
- How do I apply for a loan?
To apply online, all you need to do is fill out our simple application. ACE's paperless application process is convenient, secure and simple. Our simplified application process allows you to fill out and sign your loan documents on your computer without the need to fax unnecessary documentation.
- Do I need to be employed? Can I be retired?
You do not need to be employed, but you need to have some sort of income. You may be self-employed or receive income from a source other than an employer, but we will require you to have the ability to repay the loan. You may be retired or on disability. The key is to have a source of income.
- Do I need collateral to apply for a loan?
No collateral is necessary or accepted.
- Is there any cost to apply for the loan?
No. You will not be charged to apply for a loan, whether or not you are approved.
- How will I know if I am approved? When will I receive my funds?
You will receive a decision immediately following completion of your application. If approved by 6:00 PM Central Time on Monday – Friday for weekday applications, and by 2:00 PM Central Time on Sunday for weekend applications, you will generally receive the money the next business day.2,3
For verification purposes, we may need to contact you by telephone before your loan is approved. Applications received on a weekend or holiday may be verified the next business day due to bank closures.
- Will I need a fax machine to apply for a loan?
No. ACE Cash Express requires no faxing as a part of the loan application.
Payments and Cancellation Information
- When will the loan be due?
Installment loan payments will be due on consecutive pay periods. The number of payments and the term (length) of the loan will vary by pay frequency. You will be informed of the payment due dates and amounts if your loan is approved.
- How and when can I pay back?
While completing your application, you may choose to have a transfer of funds initiated from your bank account on the day the payment is due OR you may choose to send your payments through mail using a check or money order. Please note, you may be charged a higher fee if you choose to send your payments through mail. You can also make payments in-store or online.
Mailing Address:Installment Loans at ACE Cash Express
1231 Greenway Drive Suite 670
Irving, Texas 75038
If mailing in payment, please give at least 2-3 business days prior to your due date for the payment to arrive.
You should pay each of your installments in the store where the loan was originated with cash on or before each due date. You also have the option to set up auto-pay to automate your payments or make your payments online. You will not be penalized for making an early payment.
- If I pay off my loan early, how does that affect my finance charge?
If you repay your loan in full at any time, you will only be responsible for accrued interest and fees on the outstanding principal through the date of repayment.
- What if I change my mind and decide to cancel my loan?
Loans at ACE comes with a 72-hour satisfaction guarantee. So if you change your mind about your loan, just return the principal within 72 hours and pay nothing more.
In Ohio, you have until 5 PM CT on the third business day after receiving your funds to cancel your loan. For example, if you take out a loan on Monday, you have until 5 PM CT on Thursday to cancel your loan.
You can also mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of the cancellation notice provided with your Credit Services Agreement, or other written notice, to:ACE Cash Express
Attn: General Counsel
1231 Greenway Drive, Suite 600
Irving, Texas 75038
You will need to include your name and loan number. Once we receive your notice, we will transfer the principal directly from your bank account. The written notice must be postmarked within 3 days of signing the contract.
To cancel the loan, you must return the proceeds from your loan to the store where your loan was originated. Depending on your state, you may also be required to sign a cancellation notice that was provided to you at the time of approval.
- Why choose ACE Cash Express?
We make it easy to obtain cash when you need it most. ACE Cash Express, Inc. is a leading financial services provider, specializing in short-term consumer loans, bill pay, and prepaid debit card services, and is one of the largest owner operator of check cashing stores in the United States. In business since 1968, ACE Cash Express focuses on serving consumers seeking alternatives to traditional banking relationships by gaining convenient, immediate access to financial services.
- What is a Credit Services Organization (CSO) and Credit Access Business (CAB)?
Depending on the state, a Credit Services Organization (CSO) is a company that earns compensation by, among other things, helping consumers obtain loans from a lender. A Credit Access Business (CAB) is a type of CSO that helps people obtain payday and title loans from a lender. CSOs are not lenders and do not make loans. ACE Credit Access LLC is a CSO and a CAB that helps consumers obtain loans from an independent third-party lender.
List of states where ACE Cash Express is the lender:California*
List of states where ACE Credit Access LLC is a CSO and a CAB:Texas
*Installment loans will be arranged or made pursuant to Department of Business Oversight Finance Lenders License.
- Is my personal information safe?