Georgia Title Pawn
Frequently Asked Questions
About Title Pawns
- What is a title pawn? How does it work?
With a title pawn, you can use your vehicle title as collateral in exchange for a title pawn. You give us your title and, if you are approved, we give you cash.
- Are title pawns available in my state? How much can I borrow?
Title pawns are available in-store in Georgia and range from $100 - $2,000. If approved, the amount you may borrow will depend upon your income and standard underwriting criteria.
- Do I have full use of my vehicle during the term of the title pawn?
Absolutely! If approved, you get the money, and you get to keep driving your vehicle.1
- Are motorcycle title pawns available?
Yes, title pawns are available for motorcycles in-store, and the requirements are the same: clear title with your name on it, government issued photo ID, and proof of income.
- What do I need to apply for a title pawn?
- You are required to be on the title for the vehicle you are presenting as collateral, and the vehicle must be clear of any liens.
- You do not have to be employed but you must have a steady source of recurring income payments to ensure you will be able to repay your title pawn.
- You must bring a valid government issued photo ID. A Social Security Number is not required.
- You must reside in the state of Georgia.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not currently be a debtor in a bankruptcy case or presently intend to voluntarily file for bankruptcy relief.
- You must not be a regular or reserve member of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard, serving on active duty under a call or order that does not specify a period of 30 days or fewer or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
- Titles with two names are accepted. Both people must be present in the store to complete the process. The store associate will instruct you on how to sign the documents if you are approved.
- How do I apply for a title pawn?
Simply bring in a clear title with your name on it and government issued photo ID. We accept many types of titles, including: original titles, certified copies, salvage titles, and titles that have released liens signed off by another lender on the front.
- Do I need to be employed? Can I be retired?
You do not need to be employed, but you need to have some sort of income. You may be self-employed or receive income from a source other than an employer, but we will require you to have the ability to repay the title pawn. You may be retired or on disability. The key is to have a source of income.
- Does my vehicle need to be paid off?
Yes, your vehicle needs to be paid off to receive a title pawn.
- What if I lost my title? What do I do?
You will need to produce a title to be eligible for a title pawn. You should contact your local tax office to replace your title.
- Do I have to have the vehicle titled in the same state as where I live?
You may receive a title pawn if your vehicle is titled in another state as long as you reside in the state of Georgia.
- What if there are two or more names on the title?
Titles with two names are accepted. Both people must be present in the store to complete the process. The store associate will instruct you on how to sign the documents if you are approved.
- What if the vehicle title is in someone else's name?
The person named on the title will be the only person able to take out a title pawn using that title as collateral. If you recently bought your vehicle and the title is not yet in your name, you will need to have the title transferred at your local tax office before you can use that title as collateral for a title pawn.
- I have two vehicles. Can I get one title pawn based on both?
No, you can only use one vehicle per title pawn.
- Is there any cost to apply for a title pawn?
No. You will not be charged to apply for a title pawn, whether or not you are approved.
- How will I know if I am approved? When will I receive my funds?
You will be notified of the title pawn decision immediately following completion of your application. If you are approved, you will immediately receive your approved title pawn amount in cash.1
Payments and Cancellations
- When will the title pawn be due?
You will be informed of the due date if your title pawn is approved.
- How and when can I pay back?
You should pay off your title pawn in the store where it was originated with cash on or before the due date. You will not be penalized for making an early payment.
- If I pay off my title pawn early, how does that affect my finance charge?
If you repay your title pawn in full at any time, you will only be responsible for accrued interest and fees on the outstanding principal through the date of repayment.
- What if I change my mind and decide to cancel my title pawn?
Every title pawn comes with a 72-hour satisfaction guarantee. So if you change your mind about your title pawn, just return the principal within 72 hours and pay nothing more.
- What happens if I fail to make a timely payment on my title pawn?
Failure to make a timely payment on your title pawn can have several consequences, including the following:
- Financial Implications – Currently, no past due interest is assessed on any title pawns you may obtain from us or that we may arrange for you. However, you may be assessed a late fee if you fail to make your payment by a specified period following its due date, and you may be assessed with a returned item charge if any check or electronic payment we submit on your behalf is returned unpaid (late fee and returned item fees vary by state — see your transaction agreements for additional details).
- Collection Activity – We may attempt to collect any delinquent amount through our standard collection practices, which include contacting you by phone, mail, or email. We may also exercise any of our rights under our title pawn agreement with you. If we are unable to collect any delinquent amount you may have with us through such actions, we may also sell our debt to a third party debt buyer or engage a collection agency, who may also engage in collection activity with you.
- Impact on Your Credit Score – We do not currently report title pawn activity to any of the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion). However, we do use alternative credit reporting agencies such as FactorTrust. Failure to make timely payment on your title pawn may reduce your score with such agencies, and prevent you from receiving credit or other services from a provider that uses such agencies.
- Refinancing a Title Pawn – We do not automatically refinance any of our title pawns. Where refinances are available (varies by state), you may refinance your title pawn by contacting your store for details. In connection with any refinance, you will be required to agree to new transaction agreements for the refinanced transaction. Our standard rates for title pawns will be assessed on that refinance (varies by state – see posted fee schedules). You may also call us to discuss payment plan options at (866) 355-6815.
- Why choose ACE Cash Express?
We make it easy to obtain cash when you need it most. ACE Cash Express, Inc. is a leading financial services provider, specializing in short-term consumer loans, bill pay, and prepaid debit card services, as well as the largest owner operator of check cashing stores in the United States. In business since 1968, ACE Cash Express focuses on serving consumers seeking alternatives to traditional banking relationships by gaining convenient, immediate access to financial services.
- Is my personal information safe?