ACE Cash Express Online Privacy Notice
Last Updated: November 4th, 2016
1. Introduction and Scope of Notice
This Online Privacy Notice (Notice) applies to this ACE Cash Express online interface (i.e., website, including mobile websites) and any ACE Cash Express affiliate or subsidiary online interface that links to this Notice or that we own and control (each, a Site, and, collectively, Sites), unless a different online and/or mobile notice or policy is posted at a particular site or is made available to you and by its terms supplants this Notice. The term "ACE Cash Express" or "we" or "us" or "our" in this Notice includes affiliates or subsidiaries of ACE Cash Express, Inc. This Notice describes how Sites may collect, use and share information from or about you and explains how information may be collected and used based on online interactions with our advertisements that appear on the Sites and third-party websites.
ACE Cash Express provides other online interfaces not covered by this Notice such as a page or handle on a social media site. Please review the online privacy practices of the applicable site to understand how your online information may be collected, used and shared.
Further explanation about how we use and share information that we collect from or about you may be viewed at www.acecashexpress.com/privacy-policy, which provides choices in the use and sharing of information.
2. Agreement to Notice
By using a Site or interacting with an ACE Cash Express advertisement or page or account on a third-party website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
3. Collecting and Using InformationPersonal Information We Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, date of birth, social security number, bank information, employment information, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding the Sites, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Sites or other websites by presenting content, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to allow you to apply for products or services and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Sites, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
How Personal Information Is Shared
We retain service providers to manage or support our business operations and to provide professional services to aid with various communication and marketing initiatives. These service providers may include, for example, customer support, billing, card processors, debt collectors, marketing and communications, hosting and IT service providers, email service providers, analytics and other similar services. Our service providers are required by contract to ensure your Personal Information is kept secure and confidential.
We may participate in marketing initiatives or joint promotions with other financial companies. If this happens, both ACE Cash Express and the participating company will have access to your Personal Information. In such a case, you may receive promotional material from either party. Each will be responsible for managing their own use of the Personal Information collected for the marketing initiative or joint promotion.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, segment information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure the Sites function properly and for security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. We and certain of our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie). Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on a Site, and pages visited and to allow us to identify whether your personal computer, mobile phone or other device has visited a Site. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/customize your experience while visiting a Site as well as other websites on which we may advertise, to maintain continuity during an online session, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Sites in order to continually improve their design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how customers and visitors use the Sites and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Sites. Please see the Advertising section below for more information on how we utilize cookies for our online advertising purposes. You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Sites and some online products and services.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits a Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that was visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Sites.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including data relating to age, gender and interests. This information, which does not identify individual customers, is used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, optimizing the usability of the Sites, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
We may share Other Information with service providers with whom we work, such as third-party vendors, data processors and companies that help us market products and services to you. For example, to protect both ACE Cash Express and our customers, we may use third-party services to help us determine whether or not to accept transactions from a personal computer, mobile phone, or other device. Using certain technical attributes of your device, a third-party service can check whether a device has been identified with fraudulent or abusive transactions in the past. Upon connection with a Site, we may transmit certain device identifying information to such third party's server for analysis. We may also report to a third party if we conclude that a device has been used in connection with a fraudulent or abusive transaction with us.
ACE Cash Express advertises on pages within the Sites as well as on other websites and mobile apps not affiliated with ACE Cash Express. Information collected by us or our third-party vendors through first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie), pixels and other technologies includes the number of people who look at each of the pages on the Sites, search engine referrals, browsing patterns within the Sites, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Sites and on websites where we advertise. ACE Cash Express has implemented or may implement in the future: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Advertising on our Sites
ACE Cash Express advertises our products and services on pages within the Sites. These advertisements may take the form of banner ads and other formats. ACE Cash Express may customize content and advertisements for our products and services on the Sites we own.
Advertising on third party sites
ACE Cash Express contracts with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on websites and mobile apps not affiliated with us. We may use Aggregated and De-identified Data and information you provide to third-party websites to select which of our advertisements or offers may appeal to you, display them to you and monitor your responses. Third-party websites are not subject to ACE Cash Express Privacy Policies (including this Notice). Please visit the individual websites for additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt-out policies.
Online Behavioral Advertising
Some of our customized ads are behavioral advertising, and may be served using data collected through first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie), pixels and other technologies by third-party websites. Cookies placed on our behalf by these companies, do not contain or capture Personal Information. We limit companies that place our ads from using information for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts.
You may also opt-out of receiving behavioral ads from many websites through the Network Advertising Initiative's Opt-Out Tool at www.networkadvertising.org/choices or other tools provided by the publishing platform or through tools provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info/choices.
In order for relationship based or behavioral advertising opt-outs from other sites to work on your device, your browser must be set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, buy a new device, access any of the Sites or other sites from a different device, login under a different screen name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. If your browser has scripting disabled, you do not need to opt-out, as relationship based or online behavioral advertising technology does not work when scripting is disabled. Please check your browser's security settings to validate whether scripting is active or disabled.
5. Additional Information
Mobile tracking store locator service
ACE Cash Express has a mobile tracking store locator service to assist you in locating an ACE Cash Express store. The service may be accessed by telephone or on the applicable Site. When using the service on your mobile device, we will request your permission to obtain your current location in order to provide you with a list of the nearest ACE Cash Express stores. Please see the Store Locator Terms for information about our mobile tracking store locator service, including information regarding opting out of the service, at www.acecashexpress.com/data-collection.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third-party websites on the Sites. If you follow links to websites not affiliated or controlled by ACE Cash Express, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. ACE Cash Express does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these websites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
Social media sites
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws.
Making sure information is accurate
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, or if you have questions about our collection and use of data described in this Notice, please use the Contact Us option on our Site.
Protecting children's privacy online
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Our mobile applications may send push notifications directly to your mobile device. You may opt-out of receiving such push notifications on your mobile device at any time by editing notifications under the app settings or device settings on your mobile device. Similarly, when accessing a Site by using certain desktop browsers you may, with permission, receive push notifications. Notification preferences on your browser can be modified (i) in Safari, through the Safari menu: Safari>Preferences>Notifications (tab) menu; (ii) in Chrome, by entering the following address into our address bar chrome://settings/contentExceptions#notifications; (iii) in Edge or Internet Explorer, Settings>View Advanced Settings>Notifications (subheading) menu; and (iv) in Firefox, by clicking on the “hamburger” menu icon and selecting Option>Content>Notifications.
7. Concerns and Complaints
If you have concerns or complaints about this Notice, the collection or use of your information or a possible breach of your privacy, please send such concern or complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the mailing address below. We will treat your concerns and complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your concern or complaint. Concerns and complaints may be sent to:
ACE Cash Express
Attn: Customer Service
300 E. John Carpenter Fwy, Ste. 900
Irving, TX 75062
8. Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to this Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Sites. Your use of the Sites following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.