What is an Online Personal Loan?
When you need funds but can’t wait for the typical lender approval process, an online personal loan may provide the solution. A personal loan from ACE Cash Express can be either a payday advance (also called a payday loan or cash advance) that will typically be due in full when you get your next paycheck, or an installment loan that allows you to pay over a longer time period.1
Our installment loans may be a good option for you if you need money quickly or have an emergency situation and can make regular repayments.2
Benefits of an online personal loan include:
- Quick application process with instant decision
- Flexibility to pay off your loan when you want to – no additional fees for paying off early
- Get access to cash fast, if approved!1 You may be eligible to have money direct deposited into your bank account overnight, or pick up cash at a local ACE Cash Express store.3,4
Note that in-store cash pickup is only available at ACE Cash Express locations in the state where you originated your loan. In-store cash pick up requires a valid, non-temporary government issued identification.
There are many advantages to taking out a personal loan online.
- Convenience. Unlike applying for a loan in a store, ACE Cash Express online loans let you apply from the privacy and comfort of your home.
- Money when you need it. Use the money from a personal loan to pay bills or handle emergency expenses.
- Easier application process. With online personal loans, you can apply quickly and easily while being able to receive notice of decision within minutes.
What’s the difference between installment loans and payday loans?
Both options can offer quick, simple solutions to get the financial assistance you need. The primary difference is how the loan is paid back.
- Payday loans are paid back in one lump sum, which equals the amount you borrowed, plus fees and interest.
- Installment loans are paid back over time in multiple, substantially equal payments.
Personal loans are not available in every state, see which states offer in-store or online payday and installment loans.
What do I need to get a personal loan?
There are some general requirements when applying for an ACE Cash Express personal loan, whether payday or installment:
- You must have evidence of a steady source of recurring income payments to ensure you will be able to repay your loan.
- You must reside in the state you choose for your loan application.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not currently be a debtor in a bankruptcy case or presently intend to voluntarily file for bankruptcy relief.
- You must not be a regular or reserve member of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard, serving on active duty under a call or order that does not specify a period of 30 days or fewer or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
If you apply online for a personal loan, you will need to provide:
- Valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Valid email address
- Proof that you have a checking or savings account that has been open for at least one month. California residents must have an open personal checking account for at least one month. California residents are unable to use a savings account.
- Confirmation that you can be contacted via phone if verification of application information is necessary
If you apply at an ACE Cash Express store for a loan, you will need to provide:
- Valid government issued photo ID.
- Proof of income and proof of a bank checking account. Debit cards or pre-printed checks may be accepted in your state as proof of bank checking account.1 Contact your local store for details.
- A Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number and an email address may be required.
How can I get a personal loan fast?
We have simplified the online installment loan application process to make it fast and easy for you to apply. In fact, you can complete the application online in minutes and get a decision quickly. Call 866-223-2274 to speak directly to a customer service representative if you have questions.
Be sure to have your social security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, source of income, and banking information ready when completing the application.
ACE Cash Express gives you the option to get cash fast! You may be eligible for one or both of the following options:
Pick up cash at a local ACE Cash Express store.4 In-store cash pickup only available at ACE Cash Express locations in the state where you originated your loan. In-store cash pick up requires a valid, non-temporary government issues identification.
- Have money direct deposited into your bank account overnight.3,4
- Remember that loans at ACE come with a 72-hour satisfaction guarantee. So, if you change your mind about your loan, just return the principal within 72 hours and pay nothing more.5