Frequently Asked Questions
Title loans are available in-store in Arizona, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas.
Title loans are available online in Texas only.
Title pawns are available in-store in Georgia. Click here to learn more about title pawn in your state.
California residents click here to learn more about title loans in your state.
About Title Loans
- What is a title loan?
A title loan is a loan where a vehicle title is used as collateral in exchange for the loan amount.
- Are title loans available in my state? How much can I borrow?
Title loans are available online in Texas only and range from $200 - $2,500.
If approved, the amount you may borrow will depend upon your income and standard underwriting criteria.
Title loans are available in-store in the states below. Minimum and maximum loan amounts vary by state. If approved, the amount you may borrow will depend upon your income and standard underwriting criteria.
Arizona: $100 - $2,500
Georgia: $100 - $2,000
Louisiana: $500 - $1,000
New Mexico: $100 - $2,500
Ohio: $200 - $300, or $500, or $1,000
Oregon: $100 - $300
Tennessee: $100 -$2,500
Texas: $100 - $5,000
- Do I have full use of my vehicle during the term of the loan?
Absolutely! If approved, you get the money, and you get to keep driving your vehicle.1
- Are motorcycle title loans available?
Not at this time.
Yes, title loans are available for motorcycles in-store, and the requirements are the same: clear title with your name on it, government issued photo ID, and proof of income.
- What do I need to apply for a title loan?
- You are required to be on the title for the vehicle you are presenting as collateral, and the vehicle must be clear of any liens.
- You do not have to be employed but you must have a steady source of recurring income payments to ensure you will be able to repay your loan.
- You must reside in the state you choose for your loan application.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not currently be a debtor in a bankruptcy case or presently intend to voluntarily file for bankruptcy relief.
- You must not be a regular or reserve member of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard, serving on active duty under a call or order that does not specify a period of 30 days or fewer or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
If applying online:
- You must provide a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
- You will need to have your bank routing and account number available at the application stage.
- You must be the only person on the title. Online title loans are not available to individuals who have multiple persons on the title.
- You may be asked to mail your physical title if you are approved for a title loan.
- You must be able to be contacted via phone if verification of application information is necessary.
If applying in-store:
- You must bring a valid government issued photo ID. A Social Security Number is not required.
- Titles with two names are accepted. Both people must be present in the store to complete the process. The store associate will instruct you on how to sign the documents if you are approved.
- How do I apply for a title loan?
To apply online, all you need to do is fill out a simple online application, and sign a few forms online. ACE's paperless application process is convenient, secure, and simple. Online title loans are offered as an installment loan, which allows you to pay off the loan over a longer period of time than a traditional payday loan.3 Our online title loan product allows you to repay the loan in multiple scheduled payments that are generally equal in amount (last payment may vary slightly). At ACE, a title loan can be repaid early, which may save you interest and CSO fees (where applicable). In some cases you may not qualify for a loan online but still may qualify for a title loan at an ACE store. (You may not apply for a store title loan online.)
You can also apply for a title loan at certain ACE locations. Just use the store locator to find a store near you, and apply in person. To apply in-store, simply bring in a clear title with your name on it and government issued photo ID. We accept many types of titles, including: original titles, certified copies, salvage titles, and titles that have released liens signed off by another lender on the front.
- Do I need to be employed? Can I be retired?
You do not need to be employed, but you need to have some sort of income. You may be self-employed or receive income from a source other than an employer, but we will require you to have the ability to repay the loan. You may be retired or on disability. The key is to have a source of income.
- Does my vehicle need to be paid off?
Yes, your vehicle needs to be paid off to receive a title loan.
- What if I lost my title? What do I do?
You may be asked to mail your physical title if you are approved for a title loan, in which case you would need to contact your local tax office to replace your title.
You will need to produce a title to be eligible for a title loan in-store. You should contact your local tax office to replace your title.
- Do I have to have the vehicle titled in the same state as where I live?
You may receive a title loan if your vehicle is titled in another state as long as your residence is in the state you choose for your loan application.
- What if there are two or more names on the title?
Titles with two or more names are not accepted online.
Titles with two names are accepted. Both people must be present in the store to complete the process. The store associate will instruct you on how to sign the documents if you are approved.
- What if the vehicle title is in someone else's name?
The person named on the title will be the only person able to take out a title loan or obtain credit services using that title as collateral. If you recently bought your vehicle and the title is not yet in your name, you will need to have the title transferred at your local tax office before you can use that title as collateral for a title loan.
- I have two vehicles. Can I get one title loan based on both?
No. You can only use one vehicle per loan.
- Is there any cost to apply for a title loan?
No. You will not be charged to apply for a title loan, whether or not you are approved.
- How will I know if I am approved? When will I receive my funds?
You will receive a decision immediately following completion of your application. If approved by 6:00 PM Central Time on Monday – Friday for weekday applications, and by 2:00 PM Central Time on Sunday for weekend applications, you will generally receive the money the next business day.1,2
For verification purposes, we may need to contact you by telephone before your loan is approved. Applications received on a weekend or holiday may be verified the next business day due to bank closures.
You will be notified of the loan decision immediately following completion of your application. If you are approved, you will immediately receive your approved loan amount in cash.1
Payments and Cancellations
- When will the loan be due?
Title installment loan payments will be due on consecutive pay periods. The number of payments and the term (length) of the loan will vary by pay frequency. You will be informed of the payment due dates and amounts if your loan is approved.
Your loan due date(s) and term (length) of the loan will vary by state. You will be informed of the due date(s) if your loan is approved.
- How and when can I pay back?
While completing your application, you may choose to have a transfer of funds initiated from your bank account on the day the payment is due OR you may choose to send your payments through mail using a check or money order. Please note, you will be charged a higher fee if you choose to send your payments through mail.
Mailing Address:Title Installment Loans at ACE Cash Express
1231 Greenway Drive, Suite 670
Irving, Texas 75038
If mailing in payment, please give at least 2-3 business days prior to your due date for the payment to arrive.
You should pay your loan in the store where the loan was originated with cash on or before the due date(s). You will not be penalized for making an early payment.
- If I pay off my loan early, how does that affect my finance charge?
If you repay your loan in full at any time, you will only be responsible for accrued interest on the outstanding principal through the date of repayment and for the portion of the CSO fee scheduled to be paid on or before your next payment date
If you repay your loan in full at any time, you will only be responsible for accrued interest and fees on the outstanding principal through the date of repayment.
- What if I change my mind and decide to cancel my loan?
Every loan comes with a 72-hour satisfaction guarantee. So if you change your mind about your loan, just return the principal within 72 hours and pay nothing more.
To cancel the loan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to cancel your contract or call us at (866)-ACE-CASH.
You can also mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of the cancellation notice provided with your Credit Services Agreement, or other written notice, to:ACE Cash Express
Attn: General Counsel
1231 Greenway Drive, Suite 600 Irving, Texas 75038
You will need to include your name and loan number. Once we receive your notice, we will transfer the principal directly from your bank account. The written notice must be postmarked within 3 days of signing the contract.
To cancel the loan, you must return the proceeds from your loan to the store where your loan was originated within 72 hours of receiving your loan. Depending on your state, you may also be required to sign a cancellation notice that was provided to you at the time of approval.
- What happens if I fail to make a timely payment on my loan or credit services transaction?
Failure to make a timely payment on your loan or credit services transaction can have several consequences, including the following:
- Financial Implications – Currently, no past due interest is assessed on any loans you may obtain from us or that we may arrange for you. However, you may be assessed a late fee if you fail to make your payment by a specified period following its due date, and you may be assessed with a returned item charge if any check or electronic payment we submit on your behalf is returned unpaid (late fee and returned item fees vary by state — see your transaction agreements for additional details).
- Collection Activity – We may attempt to collect any delinquent amount through our standard collection practices, which include contacting you by phone, mail, or email. We may also exercise any of our rights under our loan or credit services agreements with you. If we are unable to collect any delinquent amount you may have with us through such actions, we may also sell our debt to a third party debt buyer or engage a collection agency, who may also engage in collection activity with you.
- Impact on Your Credit Score – We do not currently report loan activity to any of the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion). However, we do use alternative credit reporting agencies such as FactorTrust. Failure to make timely payment on your loan may reduce your score with such agencies, and prevent you from receiving credit or other services from a provider that uses such agencies.
- Refinancing a Loan – We do not automatically refinance any of our loans or credit services transactions. Where refinances are available (varies by state), you may refinance your loan or credit services transaction by logging in as a returning customer prior to your due date and applying for a refinance, or by contacting your store for details. In connection with any refinance, you will be required to agree to new transaction agreements for the refinanced transaction. Our standard rates for loans or credit services transactions will be assessed on that refinance (varies by state – see posted fee schedules). You may also call us to discuss payment plan options at (866) 355-6815.
- Why choose ACE Cash Express?
We make it easy to obtain cash when you need it most. ACE Cash Express, Inc. is a leading financial services provider, specializing in short-term consumer loans, bill pay, and prepaid debit card services, as well as the largest owner operator of check cashing stores in the United States. In business since 1968, ACE Cash Express focuses on serving consumers seeking alternatives to traditional banking relationships by gaining convenient, immediate access to financial services. We have served over 38 million customers since 1968.
- What is a Credit Services Organization (CSO) and Credit Access Business (CAB)?
Depending on your state, a Credit Services Organization (CSO) is a company that earns compensation by, among other things, helping consumers obtain loans from a lender. A Credit Access Business (CAB) is a type of CSO that helps people obtain payday and title loans from a lender. CSOs are not lenders and do not make loans.
List of states where ACE Cash Express is the lender:Arizona
List of states where ACE Credit Access LLC is a CSO and a CAB:Texas
- Is my personal information safe?