The holiday season should be a time of great joy as we celebrate and share gifts with friends and family. Unfortunately, it can be a time when crime becomes more prevalent. Staying alert and following a few simple tips this holiday season, will help make your holiday season a safe and happy one.
- Avoid wearing flashy jewelry and do not carry a purse or wallet if possible. These are prime targets for criminals in busy shopping areas.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash and keep the cash that you do carry in your front pocket.
- Put away your cell phone and iPod so that you are aware of your surroundings on the way to your car.
- Always park in well-lit areas and have your keys in hand as you approach your vehicle.
- Avoid leaving valuables visible in your vehicle, whether at the mall, the office, or even at home.
- Lastly, be cautious about your social media posts. You don’t want to advertise when you will not be home!